We believe that each child is special and that the school and its curriculum should meet the needs of all children whatever their ability, gender, culture or background. We strongly encourage parents to be involved in their child’s education and to work with us in meeting individual pupils’ needs.
- We are working within the SEN Code of Practice 2014 to carry out the following objectives:
- To identify children’s needs as early as possible in order to intervene and begin to meet them
- To keep detailed and appropriate records of children’s needs and progress made as a result of support
- To support children as far as possible in their learning, enabling them to fulfil their individual potential
- To ensure that all pupils have appropriate and full access to the National Curriculum
- To develop true and effective partnership with parents, involving them fully in decision making and giving them advice and support
- To give full opportunities to all pupils to participate in all aspects of school life
We are an inclusive school and we welcome all children. Our school is very accessible, with some ramps, classrooms all at ground level, and a disabled toilet. We have a dedicated team of experienced support staff who play an important role in meeting children’s needs. We believe strongly that the individual relationships between staff and children are central to meeting children’s needs.
For further information regarding Special Educational Needs, please see our SEN report (on this website) or ask for a copy of our SEN policy.
We believe that good practice for children with Special Educational Needs is good practice for all.