We have high expectations of discipline, particularly self-discipline. Children are taught to have respect for others, their beliefs and their belongings and to care for the school building and its resources. Where a child has a problem with the code of discipline then parents are informed and involved in seeking solutions to the problem.
The aim of this policy is the promotion of high standards of behaviour at Helmshore Primary School. This approach is rooted in our Mission Statement:
We believe that every child has the right to learn and the rewards and sanctions we employ are designed to fulfil that right.
In our school we aim:
- To foster respect for self, others, property and the environment;
- To encourage children to be honest, polite and trust worthy;
- To provide a safe and secure environment where children value themselves and others;
- To foster and encourage self-control and responsibility among pupils;
- To develop a sense of community which promotes positive attitudes;
- To ensure a sense of fairness, justice and equality regardless of age, faith, gender, sexual orientation, race and disability;
- To give pupils a pride in their own work and achievements;
- To work in partnership with parents to promote high standards of behaviour.
These aims are positively promoted with the children through regular discussions.
For more detailed information please see below –