The Lancashire Safeguarding Children’s Board website provides relevant and up to date information to staff in school about current policies and procedures relating to the safeguarding and protection of children. The school’s Designated Senior Persons (Mrs C Myers & Mrs N Haworth) for Safeguarding within Helmshore School will ensure that all members of staff are up to date with developments in safeguarding arrangements as they apply to schools, and are aware of their responsibilities to safeguard and protect children. The Safeguarding Unit Business Support Team can be contacted on 01772 531196.
Its primary functions are to:
- Offer advice and support on safeguarding & child protection matters to all schools and services maintained by the Directorate
- Provide a training resource on all aspects of ensuring the wellbeing and safety of children in Lancashire Schools
- Identify good practice and disseminate this information to schools and services within the County
- Liaise with the other agencies in matters relating to the wellbeing and protection of children
- Maintain records and data as appropriate
- Contribute to the work of Lancashire Safeguarding Children’s Board (LSCB)